independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 21st Sep 2019 10:37pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Concerts > 4/21 Show set list and partial review
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/22/07 3:35pm

ejnbmore

4/21 Show set list and partial review

I just got back and from memory the setlist went something like this...

There was an opening group called Mosaic who were singers and beatboxers extraordinaire. They sang:
Everyday people and a More Bounce to the Ounce 'Medley'. They were very good and the crowd really got into it....

Prince came out and started with Satisfied (Mo was wearing the church hat)
The remaining songs (in no particular order) were
3121 ( hot and very interactive)
Lolita (he said some of y'all are scary before singing this one)
Down by the River side (Maceo was nice)
Black Sweat (too funky loved it)
Cream (he reminded us where he wrote this again)
Musicology ( loved the interaction Anthony Anderson and Macy Gray were on stage dancing)
Play that Funky Music (Tight and after the white guy didn't know the words Mosaic came
to do the honors and tore it up)
IF I was you're Girlfriend ( loved this one too he is sexiness personified)
Pass the Peas ( this was nicely done and Maceo was funny)
Shelby sang Baby Love, Suga Mama, and Never Loved a Man
Prince sang a short 'Las Vegas Song' which I hadn't heard before with the audience chanting Las Vegas
U Got the Look
Pink Cashmere
Purple Rain

The show was OUTSTANDING and I will always remember being five feet from the stage watching him tear up the guitar solos like he's posessed. He looked great and I loved the glitters...My husband loved it too and he's not really a Prince admirer. I think he really liked the Twinz lol. I feel blessed to have been part of this man's experience...I think the crowd was pretty energetic but I still didn't hear about an after party sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/22/07 4:41pm

babooshleeky

avatar

ejnbmore said:

I just got back and from memory the setlist went something like this...

There was an opening group called Mosaic who were singers and beatboxers extraordinaire. They sang:
Everyday people and a More Bounce to the Ounce 'Medley'. They were very good and the crowd really got into it....

Prince came out and started with Satisfied (Mo was wearing the church hat)
The remaining songs (in no particular order) were
3121 ( hot and very interactive)
Lolita (he said some of y'all are scary before singing this one)
Down by the River side (Maceo was nice)
Black Sweat (too funky loved it)
Cream (he reminded us where he wrote this again)
Musicology ( loved the interaction Anthony Anderson and Macy Gray were on stage dancing)
Play that Funky Music (Tight and after the white guy didn't know the words Mosaic came
to do the honors and tore it up)
IF I was you're Girlfriend ( loved this one too he is sexiness personified)
Pass the Peas ( this was nicely done and Maceo was funny)
Shelby sang Baby Love, Suga Mama, and Never Loved a Man
Prince sang a short 'Las Vegas Song' which I hadn't heard before with the audience chanting Las Vegas
U Got the Look
Pink Cashmere
Purple Rain

The show was OUTSTANDING and I will always remember being five feet from the stage watching him tear up the guitar solos like he's posessed. He looked great and I loved the glitters...My husband loved it too and he's not really a Prince admirer. I think he really liked the Twinz lol. I feel blessed to have been part of this man's experience...I think the crowd was pretty energetic but I still didn't hear about an after party sad

Thanks...was it a short show?, that's not very many songs neutral

Glad U got to experience that....
[Edited 4/22/07 16:42pm]
tinkerbell
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/22/07 5:05pm

littlemissG

avatar

Good times!
No More Haters on the Internet.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/22/07 5:23pm

LasVegas3121

babooshleeky said:

ejnbmore said:

I just got back and from memory the setlist went something like this...

There was an opening group called Mosaic who were singers and beatboxers extraordinaire. They sang:
Everyday people and a More Bounce to the Ounce 'Medley'. They were very good and the crowd really got into it....

Prince came out and started with Satisfied (Mo was wearing the church hat)
The remaining songs (in no particular order) were
3121 ( hot and very interactive)
Lolita (he said some of y'all are scary before singing this one)
Down by the River side (Maceo was nice)
Black Sweat (too funky loved it)
Cream (he reminded us where he wrote this again)
Musicology ( loved the interaction Anthony Anderson and Macy Gray were on stage dancing)
Play that Funky Music (Tight and after the white guy didn't know the words Mosaic came
to do the honors and tore it up)
IF I was you're Girlfriend ( loved this one too he is sexiness personified)
Pass the Peas ( this was nicely done and Maceo was funny)
Shelby sang Baby Love, Suga Mama, and Never Loved a Man
Prince sang a short 'Las Vegas Song' which I hadn't heard before with the audience chanting Las Vegas
U Got the Look
Pink Cashmere
Purple Rain

The show was OUTSTANDING and I will always remember being five feet from the stage watching him tear up the guitar solos like he's posessed. He looked great and I loved the glitters...My husband loved it too and he's not really a Prince admirer. I think he really liked the Twinz lol. I feel blessed to have been part of this man's experience...I think the crowd was pretty energetic but I still didn't hear about an after party sad

Thanks...was it a short show?, that's not very many songs neutral

Glad U got to experience that....
[Edited 4/22/07 16:42pm]

Short but intense : Mosaic Open Act (10 Minutes) and Prince (95 Minutes)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/22/07 6:36pm

ejnbmore

Since this was my first and only 3121 experience the 4/21 show in comparison to other longer setlist I've seen didn't have as many songs but the performance was still awesome. My guess is he's saving the best for last. I can only hope that he goes on tour SOON....though I know 3121 will be impossible to duplicate on the road.

Prince made this priceless face when this white guy was on stage 'trying' in vain to get his groove on... I laughed so hard I almost fell over...

Oversight...I forgot about Girls and Boys and Kiss...please feel free to jog my memory if you were there..I'm getting old hahaha
[Edited 4/22/07 19:14pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/22/07 8:14pm

TheDoc

ejnbmore said:

Since this was my first and only 3121 experience the 4/21 show in comparison to other longer setlist I've seen didn't have as many songs but the performance was still awesome. My guess is he's saving the best for last. I can only hope that he goes on tour SOON....though I know 3121 will be impossible to duplicate on the road.

Prince made this priceless face when this white guy was on stage 'trying' in vain to get his groove on... I laughed so hard I almost fell over...

Oversight...I forgot about Girls and Boys and Kiss...please feel free to jog my memory if you were there..I'm getting old hahaha
[Edited 4/22/07 19:14pm]


He also played "Shh" Saturday and tore up the guitar solos as usual. And if you want to see priceless Prince faces, you should have seen him Friday night trying to get Paris Hilton to sing Play That Funky Music. He really gave her a hard time.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/22/07 11:23pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

It was a fantastic Saturday performance excited

Our Las Vegas meet up was great (See pics) http://www.prince.org/msg/2/219866

And he shook Natisse hand nod This is NOT a joke.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show. Our meetup group was front row, right in front of Prince. He was 2 feet away from me.

Asked the guitar dude and got given a guitar pic that had the symbol on it. He snuck it to me wink
[Edited 4/22/07 23:23pm]
[Edited 4/23/07 13:00pm]
Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/22/07 11:40pm

veronikka

luv4u said:

It was a fantastic Saturday performance excited

Our Las Vegas meet up was great (pics to come) http://www.prince.org/msg/2/219866

And he shook Natisse hand nod This is NOT a joke.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show. Our meetup group was front row, right in front of Prince. He was 2 feet away from me.

Asked the guitar dude and got given a guitar pic that had the symbol on it. He snuck it to me wink
[Edited 4/22/07 23:23pm]


Sounds so exciting!!!! Cant wait to see those pics.
Rhythm floods my heart♥The melody it feeds my soul
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 04/23/07 6:12am

2elijah

avatar

ejnbmore said:

Since this was my first and only 3121 experience the 4/21 show in comparison to other longer setlist I've seen didn't have as many songs but the performance was still awesome. My guess is he's saving the best for last. I can only hope that he goes on tour SOON....though I know 3121 will be impossible to duplicate on the road.

Prince made this priceless face when this white guy was on stage 'trying' in vain to get his groove on... I laughed so hard I almost fell over...

Oversight...I forgot about Girls and Boys and Kiss...please feel free to jog my memory if you were there..I'm getting old hahaha
[Edited 4/22/07 19:14pm]


Glad you had a great time! The important thing is that you had fun and made the best of it regardless of how short the show may have seen. I saw Mosaic perform the weekend of 3/30-3/31 at the aftershow, but I was in the outer room, they have beautiful acapella voices. Anyway, sounds like you had fun! because, you know there's no party like a Prince party! woot!
[Edited 4/23/07 6:33am]
“Uncomfortable conversations creates change” — Anonymous
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 04/23/07 8:00am

purplekisses

avatar

Supa wrote down the setlist.. i could see it from where i was but i have such a bad memory and didn't even think to write it down lol.. it was one of his best shows i do have to say... i did go opening weekend in Nov and i was not impressed then at all.... he had the horns with Maceo, Greg, Michael and i think Maceo's son.. then Renato was there as well.. i like when the band is full and U can see what is going on ... in Nov the stage was mostly dark and U could only see P and the manly twins... oh and now with Shelby is it even more great... she is hot... the opening act was amazing as well.. not sure i would get a cd by them i rather see that talent live.... sat nite was in my top 10 performances for sure... but then again i think the performances always help the experiece based on the people U are with and i was with an amazing group of peolpe that had a great time.. P was def on the mark sat nite and was tearing it up.... i usually cringe when he does purple rain but there was something about when he did it sat nite.. he was singing it for someone and was very emotional U could see it in his eyes... he was holding back... it even almost brought me to a tear ... and that takes alot.... i was lucky to be up front to see a great show since my experience was terrible in Nov.. i wish he would keep the shows in Vegas... much more freedom there.... well off to fight with ticketmaster since they did lose 1 of my tickets out of the 5 i bought... so i had to get a 2nd one at the door... so a word of advice to anyone that wants to go... do not wait until the week before U go to buy tickets.. get them as soon as U can... the ticket they lost was the one at i got at the last minute... i have never had a problem with ticket master but i think it has to do with the way the list is setup at the Rio as well... i would always have ur confirmations with U just in case....

to my group that i had the most wonderful weekend with i wanna thank U hug much luv
If U don't know someone with Autism....... U will...... April is Autism awareness month.... please get involved....
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 04/23/07 8:48am

IAintTheOne

ejnbmore said:

I just got back and from memory the setlist went something like this...

There was an opening group called Mosaic who were singers and beatboxers extraordinaire. They sang:
Everyday people and a More Bounce to the Ounce 'Medley'. They were very good and the crowd really got into it....

Prince came out and started with Satisfied (Mo was wearing the church hat)
The remaining songs (in no particular order) were
3121 ( hot and very interactive)
Lolita (he said some of y'all are scary before singing this one)
Down by the River side (Maceo was nice)
Black Sweat (too funky loved it)
Cream (he reminded us where he wrote this again)
Musicology ( loved the interaction Anthony Anderson and Macy Gray were on stage dancing)
Play that Funky Music (Tight and after the white guy didn't know the words Mosaic came
to do the honors and tore it up)
IF I was you're Girlfriend ( loved this one too he is sexiness personified)
Pass the Peas ( this was nicely done and Maceo was funny)
Shelby sang Baby Love, Suga Mama, and Never Loved a Man
Prince sang a short 'Las Vegas Song' which I hadn't heard before with the audience chanting Las Vegas
U Got the Look
Pink Cashmere
Purple Rain

The show was OUTSTANDING and I will always remember being five feet from the stage watching him tear up the guitar solos like he's posessed. He looked great and I loved the glitters...My husband loved it too and he's not really a Prince admirer. I think he really liked the Twinz lol. I feel blessed to have been part of this man's experience...I think the crowd was pretty energetic but I still didn't hear about an after party sad



were you the sista in that "Flowered blouse and leather skirt" from Brooklyn? i was the cat from the bronx and when i said lived in Phoenix now you said "I'm sorry" Lmao that shit was funny, yeah ya man didnt look to enthused about bein there too much huh smile

classic Moment.... Macy Gray and Anthony Anderson come on stage, and OMFG Macy was High as fuck, her ass was tryin to find a way off stage, dat girl was gawwwwwn!!

[Edited 4/23/07 8:54am]
[Edited 4/23/07 8:55am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 04/23/07 8:59am

ejnbmore

Does anyone suspect that he will extend into May. I have a few friends that are interested and one will be there next weekend (5/4) and would love to go to the show. I just see this show as being such a good time for all involved and I thank the org for giving me such good tips. He definitely plays more on the left side. Standing in line at 8 worked out very well and even though I didn't meet Rainbow Child or Vanessa butterfly the crowd was very energetic and fun. I was about 5 feet back on the left with a black halter dress on, shaking like a leaf on a tree.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 04/23/07 9:00am

IAintTheOne

ejnbmore said:

Does anyone suspect that he will extend into May. I have a few friends that are interested and one will be there next weekend (5/4) and would love to go to the show. I just see this show as being such a good time for all involved and I thank the org for giving me such good tips. He definitely plays more on the left side. Standing in line at 8 worked out very well and even though I didn't meet Rainbow Child or Vanessa butterfly the crowd was very energetic and fun. I was about 5 feet back on the left with a black halter dress on, shaking like a leaf on a tree.



ok i think i seen you.. smile
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 04/23/07 9:26am

UCantHavaDaMan
go

avatar

Whoa! Sounds like everyone had a great time! Lucky Natisse! wink
Wanna hear me sing? biggrin www.ChampagneHoneybee.com
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 04/23/07 9:36am

Nothinbutjoy

avatar

I'm so bummed I could not find ya'll until after the show.

But I know what you mean about PR seeming exceptionally meaningful that night. I noticed that as well.

It was a FANTASTIC night. The show was tight....not a lot of noodling going on.

The songs were done in full (as best as I remember and ya'll can correct me on that if necessary)

I slept from 11 am until 5 pm yesterday and had to be awakened lol

It was such a fun, fantastic evening I am STILL reeling!!!

rose hug
I'm firmly planted in denial
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 04/23/07 10:47am

2elijah

avatar

Sounds like you guys had a blast.I can tell from the fantastic reviews that you all were definitely wearing your plus signs and then some.cool
[Edited 4/23/07 10:48am]
“Uncomfortable conversations creates change” — Anonymous
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 04/23/07 9:12pm

vanessabfly

ejnbmore said:

Does anyone suspect that he will extend into May. I have a few friends that are interested and one will be there next weekend (5/4) and would love to go to the show. I just see this show as being such a good time for all involved and I thank the org for giving me such good tips. He definitely plays more on the left side. Standing in line at 8 worked out very well and even though I didn't meet Rainbow Child or Vanessa butterfly the crowd was very energetic and fun. I was about 5 feet back on the left with a black halter dress on, shaking like a leaf on a tree.

Too bad we missed each other! I was standing center, front row in between 2 big guys; one guy had a shaven head with a braided goatee and he was with his mom. How cute!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 04/23/07 9:25pm

ejnbmore

vanessabfly said:

ejnbmore said:

Does anyone suspect that he will extend into May. I have a few friends that are interested and one will be there next weekend (5/4) and would love to go to the show. I just see this show as being such a good time for all involved and I thank the org for giving me such good tips. He definitely plays more on the left side. Standing in line at 8 worked out very well and even though I didn't meet Rainbow Child or Vanessa butterfly the crowd was very energetic and fun. I was about 5 feet back on the left with a black halter dress on, shaking like a leaf on a tree.

Too bad we missed each other! I was standing center, front row in between 2 big guys; one guy had a shaven head with a braided goatee and he was with his mom. How cute!

Did you see the tall man with the turbin? He didn't smile the whole time and he was making me nervous, but I thoroughly enjoyed the red headed Japnese lady who danced on stage. She was cute as a button.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 04/23/07 9:31pm

vanessabfly

With some serious dedication of a friend, we kept a place in line from 10am on and there were still people in front of us. So with being about the 15th person in line, we expected to be front row. We were quite surprised when they opened the doors to see that the front row was already filled. How did they get there? They weren't in line in front of us..As it turns out, security went to the very end of the line and brought people in before the doors were opened. Maybe Prince figured that those that stay in line all day have probably had the fortunate opportunity to see him up close, so he was mixin' it up a bit by giving others the chance. I thought it was a pretty cool gesture. Anyhow, the show was great! Prince definitely had a lot of energy and it was so cool to see his dancing and fast footwork up close. When Macy went up, I thought, "Cool! Wonder what she'll sing?" Then she just cruised across the stage and was gone. Prior to gettin' in, one of the security guys said there was a good chance of an aftershow. Then, after a few songs, Prince said, "Ready to party till 5am?" (My friends heard him say this) Unfortunately, there wasn't one. Rashida was not spinnin', but the guy that was did an excellent job! His jams brought me back to my high school days... The crowd was very friendly and positive, but here's a tip: if you gotta use the bathroom, get a drink, etc. let the people your passing on your way out know that you're leaving and will be back. It'll make an easier trip back to your spot up front. As for the 3121 Boutique, they were selling incense again. (Liz, are you reading this/ ;0 ) To all those I hung out with and chatted with, thanks for adding positivity to my night!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 04/24/07 6:52am

IAintTheOne

ejnbmore said:

vanessabfly said:


Too bad we missed each other! I was standing center, front row in between 2 big guys; one guy had a shaven head with a braided goatee and he was with his mom. How cute!

Did you see the tall man with the turbin? He didn't smile the whole time and he was making me nervous, but I thoroughly enjoyed the red headed Japnese lady who danced on stage. She was cute as a button.



girl had a hard time getting on stage too LOL
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 04/24/07 9:37am

ejnbmore

My husband was wondering if she was okay. She had been in line since 2 or earlier just plucking away at her laptop. She looked very happy when she got up. I think I would have been jumping up and down so hard that a wardrobe malfunfunction wouldn't describe the results. I got the Play in the Sunshine incense, a 3121 mug and the chocolate CD. Memories y'all!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 04/24/07 10:35am

Nothinbutjoy

avatar

ejnbmore said:

My husband was wondering if she was okay. She had been in line since 2 or earlier just plucking away at her laptop. She looked very happy when she got up. I think I would have been jumping up and down so hard that a wardrobe malfunfunction wouldn't describe the results. I got the Play in the Sunshine incense, a 3121 mug and the chocolate CD. Memories y'all!!



I'm wearing my brown 3121 shirt here at work today! giggle
I'm firmly planted in denial
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 04/24/07 12:28pm

vanessabfly

Nothinbutjoy said:

ejnbmore said:

My husband was wondering if she was okay. She had been in line since 2 or earlier just plucking away at her laptop. She looked very happy when she got up. I think I would have been jumping up and down so hard that a wardrobe malfunfunction wouldn't describe the results. I got the Play in the Sunshine incense, a 3121 mug and the chocolate CD. Memories y'all!!



I'm wearing my brown 3121 shirt here at work today! giggle

My husband is wearing the one I brought home for him. Yesterday he wore the orange 3121 t-shirt.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 04/24/07 12:29pm

vanessabfly

ejnbmore said:

vanessabfly said:


Too bad we missed each other! I was standing center, front row in between 2 big guys; one guy had a shaven head with a braided goatee and he was with his mom. How cute!

Did you see the tall man with the turbin? He didn't smile the whole time and he was making me nervous, but I thoroughly enjoyed the red headed Japnese lady who danced on stage. She was cute as a button.

Yup! I saw them both. The Japanese lady has attended many, many shows....
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 04/24/07 1:14pm

butterfli25

avatar

vanessa did you have on the flowered dress? with the glasses?
we were the people in the front lol
butterfly
We all should know that diversity makes for a rich tapestry, and we must understand that all the threads of the tapestry are equal in value no matter what their color.
Maya Angelou
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 04/24/07 2:39pm

vanessabfly

butterfli25 said:

vanessa did you have on the flowered dress? with the glasses?
we were the people in the front lol

Yes, I wore a flowered top and wore red glasses. You were to the right of me, correct? I recognized your pictures on the invasion thread!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 04/24/07 2:59pm

purplekisses

avatar

vanessabfly said:

butterfli25 said:

vanessa did you have on the flowered dress? with the glasses?
we were the people in the front lol

Yes, I wore a flowered top and wore red glasses. You were to the right of me, correct? I recognized your pictures on the invasion thread!


is this vanessa from san dimas???? U almosted stepped on me giggle
If U don't know someone with Autism....... U will...... April is Autism awareness month.... please get involved....
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 04/24/07 4:49pm

vanessabfly

purplekisses said:

vanessabfly said:


Yes, I wore a flowered top and wore red glasses. You were to the right of me, correct? I recognized your pictures on the invasion thread!


is this vanessa from san dimas???? U almosted stepped on me giggle

smile I must admit I am the culprit! Have I been forgiven!?!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 04/24/07 5:29pm

purplekisses

avatar

vanessabfly said:

purplekisses said:



is this vanessa from san dimas???? U almosted stepped on me giggle

smile I must admit I am the culprit! Have I been forgiven!?!


for sure hug we had a cool group n our area which made the experience even better .....
If U don't know someone with Autism....... U will...... April is Autism awareness month.... please get involved....
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 04/24/07 5:40pm

butterfli25

avatar

vanessabfly said:

butterfli25 said:

vanessa did you have on the flowered dress? with the glasses?
we were the people in the front lol

Yes, I wore a flowered top and wore red glasses. You were to the right of me, correct? I recognized your pictures on the invasion thread!



nod
butterfly
We all should know that diversity makes for a rich tapestry, and we must understand that all the threads of the tapestry are equal in value no matter what their color.
Maya Angelou
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Concerts > 4/21 Show set list and partial review