independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 16th Oct 2019 3:44pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > New soundboard live show snippets circulating
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 09/23/16 2:51pm

tomcooper2323

New soundboard live show snippets circulating

I don't know where these are from, but no indication that they are from some kind of bootleg release. So I started this thread for discussion, which is in line with :

.

"NO SOLICITING FOR BOOTLEGS! Discussion is fine, so long as the bootleg is not being promoted e.g. pre-release; requests/offers to share or copy, and links to download or bootleg sites are not."

.

But they suddenly started circulating amongst fans and include some classic shows, so they deserve to be discussed here:

.

1980-03-08 Lakeland Civic Center, Lakeland, Florida, USA

1981-11-20 The Stanley Theatre, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

1982-02-15 Civic Auditorium, San Francisco, California, USA [soundcheck]

1982-03-07 Met Center, Bloomington, Minnesota, USA

1982-03-08 First Avenue, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

1983-02-26 Toledo Sports Arena, Toledo, Ohio, USA

1985-02-01 Louisiana Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA [soundcheck]

1985-03-10 Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, California, USA [soundcheck]

1985-03-23 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, New York, USA [soundcheck]

1986-08-03 Madison Square Garden, New York, New York, USA

1986-08-13 Wembley Arena, London, England

.

Amazing that March 8, 1982 at First Avenue is in here and also he plays I Would Die 4 U at the Feb, 15, 1982 soundcheck, which is remarkable.. The snippets of these shows are all very short and hope someone is just not teasing us and will "free" these full shows soon.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 09/23/16 3:32pm

airth

avatar

So, what happened to the thread that was here before I went to bed? Don't tell me it degenerated into a link feast.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 09/23/16 7:42pm

tomcooper2323

airth said:

So, what happened to the thread that was here before I went to bed? Don't tell me it degenerated into a link feast.

.

Not sure what happened to it, but it appears to have disappared.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 09/23/16 8:19pm

databank

avatar

tomcooper2323 said:

I don't know where these are from, but no indication that they are from some kind of bootleg release. So I started this thread for discussion, which is in line with :

.

"NO SOLICITING FOR BOOTLEGS! Discussion is fine, so long as the bootleg is not being promoted e.g. pre-release; requests/offers to share or copy, and links to download or bootleg sites are not."

.

But they suddenly started circulating amongst fans and include some classic shows, so they deserve to be discussed here:

.

1980-03-08 Lakeland Civic Center, Lakeland, Florida, USA

1981-11-20 The Stanley Theatre, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

1982-02-15 Civic Auditorium, San Francisco, California, USA [soundcheck]

1982-03-07 Met Center, Bloomington, Minnesota, USA

1982-03-08 First Avenue, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

1983-02-26 Toledo Sports Arena, Toledo, Ohio, USA

1985-02-01 Louisiana Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA [soundcheck]

1985-03-10 Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, California, USA [soundcheck]

1985-03-23 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, New York, USA [soundcheck]

1986-08-03 Madison Square Garden, New York, New York, USA

1986-08-13 Wembley Arena, London, England

.

Amazing that March 8, 1982 at First Avenue is in here and also he plays I Would Die 4 U at the Feb, 15, 1982 soundcheck, which is remarkable.. The snippets of these shows are all very short and hope someone is just not teasing us and will "free" these full shows soon.

eek eek eek eek eek biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

Sounds exciting biggrin

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 09/23/16 8:47pm

airth

avatar

PrinceVault lists the soundcheck songs as follows.

15 Feb 82: I Would Die 4 U / Uptown


01 Feb 85: A Love Bizarre / Erotic City / Bodyheat incl. The Stick & You Caught Me Smiling Again / Jailhouse Rock / Free / Strange Relationship / Guitar Jam / Let's Go Crazy

10 Mar 85: Sister Fate / Bodyheat

23 March 85: Instrumental Jam #1: A New Funk / Instrumental Jam #2: Miles Of Eric / Let's Go Crazy / When Doves Cry

I'm looking forward to hearing Strange Relationship. I wonder whether it'll give us a glimpse of the 82 original or be similar to the Wendy & Lisa reworking done in summer 85.

It'll be great to get a 1980 soundboard. I absolutely love the Atlanta, Omni show from two days earlier. Apart from I Feel For You being swapped out for Bambi, the setlist is identical, but I'm not complaining.

I assume we'll finally get to the end of Partyup at the First Avenue show. There's probably not much more to it, but the fadeout on the audience bootleg has always been annoying.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 09/24/16 12:10pm

rogerC

Previous post has been deleted by admins (I do not know why as far as I got no info on what was done improperly... beyond "Thread missing or not yet approved")
Nodoby asked nor ofeered those materials and people was just providing feedback on quality and origin... Anyway, welcome back

Hoping to her more info about that

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 09/24/16 12:15pm

TheDigitalGard
ener

rogerC said:

Previous post has been deleted by admins (I do not know why as far as I got no info on what was done improperly... beyond "Thread missing or not yet approved")
Nodoby asked nor ofeered those materials and people was just providing feedback on quality and origin... Anyway, welcome back

Hoping to her more info about that

Cool, you hope for more info on why the thread was closed, the rest of us will look forward to more info about the soundboards.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 09/24/16 2:00pm

mostbeautifulb
oy

avatar

airth said:


I assume we'll finally get to the end of Partyup at the First Avenue show. There's probably not much more to it, but the fadeout on the audience bootleg has always been annoying.

I agree, it'll be nice tohave it complete

My name is Naz!!! and I have a windmill where my brain is supposed to be.....

ديفيد باوي إلى الأبد
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 09/25/16 2:27pm

ElGorillos

avatar

Wow!! Where have these been hiding all these years? biggrin

I hope we will hear more from them in the near future.

.

.

EG

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 09/25/16 7:34pm

anotherfan

lol biggrin biggrin. faint
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 10/04/16 3:52am

psyche2

BUMP!

So, are ALL these actually out there circulating? ... Any more info? Are the shows complete??

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 10/04/16 3:58am

TheDigitalGard
ener

psyche2 said:

BUMP!



So, are ALL these actually out there circulating? ... Any more info?


No and no.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > New soundboard live show snippets circulating