independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 16th Oct 2019 2:40pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Estate Discussion - Part 18 - Continued
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 01/25/19 10:12am

onlyforaminute

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

onlyforaminute said:

Under date 12/21/18 Page 3/33



Thank you so much onlyforaminute!!

The phone call occurred on 4/29/16, and I dont think The Vault had been drilled as of that date because they had to bring in an expert in from California.


What I dont understand is why it took 2.2 hours to convince Sharon The Vault had not been drilled.

If I was compelled to talk to a client for 2.2 hours I would put them on speaker and surf the web because it sounds like she needed some hand holding.

Another problem is the siblings unfortunately hired attorneys from huge law firms which "churn." This attorney was charging over $400 per hour. The highest charging attorney in the courtroom is not necessarily the best attorney in the courtroom.



Honestly I'm not sure of the timeline of the vault drilling. I know it was a point of concern for a lot of people here and came up a lot, so that was confusing to me, was it or wasn't it. Seems Sharon was hearing it a lot too hence 2 hours worth of phone calling.

Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 01/25/19 10:51am

PennyPurple

avatar

The vault was accessed on Sunday May 15th. It was opened by Dave McOrmie who had experience in opening vaults. He used a specialized drill and about an hour later the vaults large metal door was breached.


This note was found in the vault attached to the right of the keyboard in the vault.


No photo description available.



The note said, "4 Your Convenience!"

"Mr. Vault Guy," "That's right, no more messy paper cuts" "To use Mr. Vault Guy, follow these simple instructions:

1. Choose the Vault: enter

2. Chose search/update: enter twice

3. At Filename/New file: enter

4. Choose Prince. Two for 2" tapes or Prince.HLF for 1/2 tapes enter."

The instructions wer followed by a short sentence eplaining a search could be launched by entering any combination of the record fields.


He even gave an example:

If you're looking for Keith Cohen's mis of My Name is Prince

1. Enter the title under 'title'

2. Enter Keith Cohen under 'Engineer'

3. Press F10 and voila!

Continue pressing F10 and all tapes under these categories will appear!


He also explained how a search could be conducted without complete information.

For instance My Name is Prince can be found by entering just 'my name'


Then on this type written instruction letter he also said "did it? Dig it. Any questions? Ask Chuck.

Nobody knew a Chuck.



** This info comes from the book, The Death of Prince Rogers Nelson, An Investigation by Jay Corn.***

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 01/25/19 11:25am

onlyforaminute

PennyPurple said:

The vault was accessed on Sunday May 15th. It was opened by Dave McOrmie who had experience in opening vaults. He used a specialized drill and about an hour later the vaults large metal door was breached.


This note was found in the vault attached to the right of the keyboard in the vault.


No photo description available.



The note said, "4 Your Convenience!"

"Mr. Vault Guy," "That's right, no more messy paper cuts" "To use Mr. Vault Guy, follow these simple instructions:

1. Choose the Vault: enter

2. Chose search/update: enter twice

3. At Filename/New file: enter

4. Choose Prince. Two for 2" tapes or Prince.HLF for 1/2 tapes enter."

The instructions wer followed by a short sentence eplaining a search could be launched by entering any combination of the record fields.


He even gave an example:

If you're looking for Keith Cohen's mis of My Name is Prince

1. Enter the title under 'title'

2. Enter Keith Cohen under 'Engineer'

3. Press F10 and voila!

Continue pressing F10 and all tapes under these categories will appear!


He also explained how a search could be conducted without complete information.

For instance My Name is Prince can be found by entering just 'my name'


Then on this type written instruction letter he also said "did it? Dig it. Any questions? Ask Chuck.

Nobody knew a Chuck.



** This info comes from the book, The Death of Prince Rogers Nelson, An Investigation by Jay Corn.***



Seems there was a lot of murmuring about it in these parts sooner than May, but if that's officially when then there it is.

Ha, how those George Clinton CDs are "displayed".

Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 01/25/19 11:34am

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

The billing link you gave me shows that Sharon's attorney called her on 5-16-16 to let her know The Vault had been entered.

onlyforaminute said:

PennyPurple said:

The vault was accessed on Sunday May 15th. It was opened by Dave McOrmie who had experience in opening vaults. He used a specialized drill and about an hour later the vaults large metal door was breached.


This note was found in the vault attached to the right of the keyboard in the vault.


No photo description available.



The note said, "4 Your Convenience!"

"Mr. Vault Guy," "That's right, no more messy paper cuts" "To use Mr. Vault Guy, follow these simple instructions:

1. Choose the Vault: enter

2. Chose search/update: enter twice

3. At Filename/New file: enter

4. Choose Prince. Two for 2" tapes or Prince.HLF for 1/2 tapes enter."

The instructions wer followed by a short sentence eplaining a search could be launched by entering any combination of the record fields.


He even gave an example:

If you're looking for Keith Cohen's mis of My Name is Prince

1. Enter the title under 'title'

2. Enter Keith Cohen under 'Engineer'

3. Press F10 and voila!

Continue pressing F10 and all tapes under these categories will appear!


He also explained how a search could be conducted without complete information.

For instance My Name is Prince can be found by entering just 'my name'


Then on this type written instruction letter he also said "did it? Dig it. Any questions? Ask Chuck.

Nobody knew a Chuck.



** This info comes from the book, The Death of Prince Rogers Nelson, An Investigation by Jay Corn.***



Seems there was a lot of murmuring about it in these parts sooner than May, but if that's officially when then there it is.

Ha, how those George Clinton CDs are "displayed".

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 01/25/19 12:02pm

onlyforaminute

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

The billing link you gave me shows that Sharon's attorney called her on 5-16-16 to let her know The Vault had been entered.

onlyforaminute said:



Seems there was a lot of murmuring about it in these parts sooner than May, but if that's officially when then there it is.

Ha, how those George Clinton CDs are "displayed".



Yeah, I see but that just says entry doesn't verify it being drilled, that word just stood out like a neon light. So I guess the drilling was agreed upon. Hm. Well, that answers that, officially.

Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 01/25/19 12:13pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

The billing link you gave me shows that Sharon's attorney called her on 5-16-16 to let her know The Vault had been entered.



Yeah, I see but that just says entry doesn't verify it being drilled, that word just stood out like a neon light. So I guess the drilling was agreed upon. Hm. Well, that answers that, officially.


I dont know if it was agreed upon.


At the time, it was Bremer that arranged the drilling.

I remember reading it in Bremer's billing.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 01/25/19 12:45pm

onlyforaminute

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

onlyforaminute said:



Yeah, I see but that just says entry doesn't verify it being drilled, that word just stood out like a neon light. So I guess the drilling was agreed upon. Hm. Well, that answers that, officially.


I dont know if it was agreed upon.


At the time, it was Bremer that arranged the drilling.

I remember reading it in Bremer's billing.



Well, they had a conference then. Of course I think they got the point it's way better to have one.


Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 01/25/19 1:08pm

PennyPurple

avatar

In 1 of the files, Det. Wagner wrote, "Bremer Bank provided consent for our agencies to have 1st access to the vault upon it's opening to determine if the vault contents held any evidentiary value for our investigation. "

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 01/25/19 3:20pm

onlyforaminute

Okay. "Mr Vault Guy"? Who is that? So, was that note there after they drilled open the Vault. Or, was it put up later?

Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 01/25/19 3:31pm

PennyPurple

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

Okay. "Mr Vault Guy"? Who is that? So, was that note there after they drilled open the Vault. Or, was it put up later?

They found it when they drilled open the vault. It wasn't put there later. Look at the masking tape that he used to tape it up. It looks new to me and not aged.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 01/25/19 3:43pm

onlyforaminute

PennyPurple said:

onlyforaminute said:

Okay. "Mr Vault Guy"? Who is that? So, was that note there after they drilled open the Vault. Or, was it put up later?

They found it when they drilled open the vault. It wasn't put there later. Look at the masking tape that he used to tape it up. It looks new to me and not aged.



Weird. "insert Twilight Zone music" Imma have to think on this a minute.

Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 01/25/19 3:46pm

PennyPurple

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

PennyPurple said:

They found it when they drilled open the vault. It wasn't put there later. Look at the masking tape that he used to tape it up. It looks new to me and not aged.



Weird. "insert Twilight Zone music" Imma have to think on this a minute.

What year did that George Clinton CD come out? I thought someone said that P hadn't been in the vault for years? But..it doesn't look like that was a true statment.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 01/25/19 8:16pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

PennyPurple said:

onlyforaminute said:



Weird. "insert Twilight Zone music" Imma have to think on this a minute.

What year did that George Clinton CD come out? I thought someone said that P hadn't been in the vault for years? But..it doesn't look like that was a true statment.



I thought there were actually 3 Vaults?

Not sure though. I have read so many documents I am not sure.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 01/26/19 4:42am

nelcp777

I know of at least 2, Paisley Park vault and WB vault. There was also a warehouse.



ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



PennyPurple said:




onlyforaminute said:





Weird. "insert Twilight Zone music" Imma have to think on this a minute.



What year did that George Clinton CD come out? I thought someone said that P hadn't been in the vault for years? But..it doesn't look like that was a true statment.





I thought there were actually 3 Vaults?

Not sure though. I have read so many documents I am not sure.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 01/26/19 9:05am

Kares

avatar

nelcp777 said:

I know of at least 2, Paisley Park vault and WB vault. There was also a warehouse. ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



I thought there were actually 3 Vaults?

Not sure though. I have read so many documents I am not sure.

.

Paisley had 2 main vaults:
– the large one that we know as THE Vault, which was the primary storage room for audio tapes (analog and digital audio multitrack tapes, plus analog and digital mixdown tapes).
– the video vault, which was the primary storage room for film reels and video tapes.
.
There was also a small room filled with video tapes, and as the main vaults became full, several additional areas (the trophy room, for example) were used for storing tons of tape and hard drives. None of these were designed for professional archival storage and they certainly weren't safe either so it was a wise move to ship everything to a secure site. (I'm only hoping that no hard drives or pendrives or anything "got lost" before the move.)

.
Warners have several storage facilities too, of course, but most likely they do not posess original Prince multitrack recordings, only production masters (basically just mixdown tapes) and demo cassette copies Prince shared with them.

.

Friends don't let friends clap on 1 and 3.

The Paisley Park Vault spreadsheet: https://goo.gl/zzWHrU
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #75 posted 01/26/19 12:34pm

onlyforaminute

PennyPurple said:



onlyforaminute said:




PennyPurple said:



They found it when they drilled open the vault. It wasn't put there later. Look at the masking tape that he used to tape it up. It looks new to me and not aged.





Weird. "insert Twilight Zone music" Imma have to think on this a minute.



What year did that George Clinton CD come out? I thought someone said that P hadn't been in the vault for years? But..it doesn't look like that was a true statment.




No idea. I see nothing like it. Hopefully someone comes along that recognizes it. The whole Introducing looks like a song title. But you say it's a set of instructions, i can't see it well enough to read it.
Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #76 posted 01/29/19 4:06pm

andykeen

avatar

PennyPurple said:



onlyforaminute said:




PennyPurple said:



They found it when they drilled open the vault. It wasn't put there later. Look at the masking tape that he used to tape it up. It looks new to me and not aged.





Weird. "insert Twilight Zone music" Imma have to think on this a minute.



What year did that George Clinton CD come out? I thought someone said that P hadn't been in the vault for years? But..it doesn't look like that was a true statment.



The album is ‘hey man, smell my finger’ which was released in 1993

Keenmeister
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #77 posted 01/30/19 11:29am

onlyforaminute

andykeen said:

PennyPurple said:

What year did that George Clinton CD come out? I thought someone said that P hadn't been in the vault for years? But..it doesn't look like that was a true statment.

The album is ‘hey man, smell my finger’ which was released in 1993



Thanks!

Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #78 posted 02/03/19 11:39am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

I wonder if the Tidal release will be done with no prior notice... That it will just appear... like other albums before have.

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #79 posted 02/04/19 3:23pm

Astasheiks

avatar

Opinions do you think the Tyka'nem will get her cut this year or next year? sad confused

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #80 posted 02/04/19 5:45pm

Mumio

avatar

Astasheiks said:

Opinions do you think the Tyka'nem will get her cut this year or next year? sad confused


Doubtful, but I am not a lawyer so....

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #81 posted 02/04/19 6:25pm

barnswallow

kingricefan said:

The pic at the bottom of the article is good though. smile

ChocolateBox3121 said:

Out of ALL the pics of Prince(r.i.p.).They could have used a much better pic than that. Smh

Click on the pic at the bottom and there's 43 or so more. rose

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #82 posted 02/05/19 12:01am

mikeyaddict

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

I wonder if the Tidal release will be done with no prior notice... That it will just appear... like other albums before have.



I’m wondering if anything will be released ever again. For an estate that is trying to make money they seem to not be doing anything. I’m assuming we’ll all have to buy purple rain again this year, which takes care of the WB release. I’d just love to hear the final things he worked on. But no. T-Shirts and little dolls.

Just release something!
Comin str8 outta Preston...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #83 posted 02/05/19 11:09am

Astasheiks

avatar

Mumio said:

Astasheiks said:

Opinions do you think the Tyka'nem will get her cut this year or next year? sad confused


Doubtful, but I am not a lawyer so....

My Dad is 84 about to be 85 and he's doing the same thing Prince did (not have a will) sad razz smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #84 posted 02/05/19 3:25pm

kingricefan

OMG! There are some great pics in that line up!!! Thanks for letting me know about them as I would have never thought to click on the last photo to find those other gems. biggrin

barnswallow said:

kingricefan said:

The pic at the bottom of the article is good though. smile

Click on the pic at the bottom and there's 43 or so more. rose

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #85 posted 02/06/19 11:57am

luvsexy4all

all decisions should fall under the heading:

What would Prince feel about it ???

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #86 posted 02/06/19 2:47pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

From the redacted documents filed today it appears there is a partial settlement with

someone involved with the UMG deal.



Lonnie wants an unredacted copy of the proposed settlement.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #87 posted 02/06/19 4:05pm

Mumio

avatar

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

From the redacted documents filed today it appears there is a partial settlement with

someone involved with the UMG deal.



Lonnie wants an unredacted copy of the proposed settlement.


CAK wants the same thing as Lawnie too lol Gleekel's trying to shut them both down lol.

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #88 posted 02/06/19 7:25pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

https://theblast.com/prince-brother-sues-lawyer/?fbclid=IwAR1OeyLStPWC-08OdYu1Wf14HJGVk8ST_BOlfKvGHHAHpnUPGRYlQCJdnGw


Alfred is suing his attorney (Bruntjean) for $500,000.

Alfred took out a 2 mil loan until he receives payment from the Estate and Alfred

never received the last $500,000 payment.

I don't know why I can't make that a clickable link.



[Edited 2/6/19 19:29pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #89 posted 02/06/19 9:26pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

Also, Wally Safford has been added as a Defendant by Comerica/Paisley Park Enterprises

in the Eye case.


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Estate Discussion - Part 18 - Continued