independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 15th Feb 2019 10:54am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Can anyone verify if this is true or not?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 02/05/19 5:34pm

PurpleDorothy

avatar

Can anyone verify if this is true or not?

I saw some YouTube comments about Prince's urn being completely removed from Paisley Park. I'm talking about it being completely removed not just moved from the
floor of the atrium to a more elevated resting place above the kitchen in the atrium. I always consider the source when I hear something like this. I would like to know if anyone that has been there recently can verify if this is true or not. I was planning on making a trip back to Paisley Park this month or maybe even for Celebration (which I have not previously been able to bring myself to go to for various reasons). However this may impact my decision to go back, as part of going there for me is about paying my respects. I have been very fortunate and grateful to have made the the trip in 2016 ,2017,and twice in 2018. I was planning on going at least once a year as I'm only a days drive away, and love a good road trip. I still don't know how I feel about the vault being moved. Now this?
"As long as I can hear you smilin' baby
You won't hear my tears."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 02/05/19 6:08pm

PennyPurple

avatar

Rumor has it that the plastic case around it was cracked and it is being repaired.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 02/05/19 6:25pm

purplemist7777

PennyPurple said:

Rumor has it that the plastic case around it was cracked and it is being repaired.



I saw what looked to be an email from PP stating “the urn has been removed at the family’s decision.” Nothing about it being repaired but that could be the case.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 02/05/19 6:32pm

PennyPurple

avatar

purplemist7777 said:

PennyPurple said:

Rumor has it that the plastic case around it was cracked and it is being repaired.

I saw what looked to be an email from PP stating “the urn has been removed at the family’s decision.” Nothing about it being repaired but that could be the case.

eek Really?? Oh wow. I wonder why?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 02/05/19 8:37pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

PennyPurple said:

Rumor has it that the plastic case around it was cracked and it is being repaired.



There are no rumours. The family just wanted to remove it for whatever reason, it is their business and we must respect that.

Edmonton, AB - canada

Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 02/05/19 8:53pm

Mumio

avatar

I haven't heard any reason why, but there are some people out there going nuts over it and doing stupid petitions. Always gotta over-react every time something happens. It's tiresome. I remember when the urn first showed up and all the outrage over it disbelief

PurpleDorothy, Prince's spirit is everywhere now, you can pay your respects to him anyplace and every place, it doesn't have to be only at PP. Go and enjoy your trip. Since we don't know why they took it out, there's no telling if it will be back just as quickly.

[Edited 2/5/19 20:57pm]

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 02/05/19 9:28pm

PennyPurple

avatar

luv4u said:

PennyPurple said:

Rumor has it that the plastic case around it was cracked and it is being repaired.



There are no rumours. The family just wanted to remove it for whatever reason, it is their business and we must respect that.

Yes, there are rumors...


At this point do we even know that they have been removed? Maybe that's just a rumor?



[Edited 2/5/19 21:44pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 02/06/19 12:01am

callimnate

avatar

PennyPurple said:



luv4u said:




PennyPurple said:


Rumor has it that the plastic case around it was cracked and it is being repaired.





There are no rumours. The family just wanted to remove it for whatever reason, it is their business and we must respect that.



Yes, there are rumors...


At this point do we even know that they have been removed? Maybe that's just a rumor?





[Edited 2/5/19 21:44pm]


No. Paisley Park actually posted on FB confirming it had been removed at the request of the family.
rolleyes
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 02/06/19 12:03am

callimnate

avatar

Mumio said:

I haven't heard any reason why, but there are some people out there going nuts over it and doing stupid petitions. Always gotta over-react every time something happens. It's tiresome. I remember when the urn first showed up and all the outrage over it disbelief


That’s Prince “faMs” for ya. wink

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 02/06/19 1:38am

JorisE73

PennyPurple said:

Rumor has it that the plastic case around it was cracked and it is being repaired.


Probably was made out of the same plastic the Crystal Ball package was made of lol
But seriously, was the urn within reach of fans to touch because that;'s how you break something when some of these creepy and stalkery fanatics try to touch or even steal that thing.
Or maybe they jsut scattered the ashes.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 02/06/19 4:26am

Mumio

avatar

PennyPurple said:

Yes, there are rumors...


At this point do we even know that they have been removed? Maybe that's just a rumor?



[Edited 2/5/19 21:44pm]


I'd read what you'd commented earlier in a couple of FB groups, that there was a crack seen in the plastic surrounding the urn, it was said then that it may have started where screws were used on the plastic. I've never seen this in person so I have no idea if that could be true or not so it's possible I guess. I don't get why someone would put this out there though, saying that they were just "warning" people who might be going to Celebration so they wouldn't freak out when they didn't see the urn there. Way premature with that warning, it's over 2 months out still, repair if needed is possible, and it could be back in place by then. Or maybe the family has something special in mind. Just more of the usual freak-out over every little thing nod

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 02/06/19 7:57am

PennyPurple

avatar

Mumio said:

PennyPurple said:

Yes, there are rumors...


At this point do we even know that they have been removed? Maybe that's just a rumor?



[Edited 2/5/19 21:44pm]


I'd read what you'd commented earlier in a couple of FB groups, that there was a crack seen in the plastic surrounding the urn, it was said then that it may have started where screws were used on the plastic. I've never seen this in person so I have no idea if that could be true or not so it's possible I guess. I don't get why someone would put this out there though, saying that they were just "warning" people who might be going to Celebration so they wouldn't freak out when they didn't see the urn there. Way premature with that warning, it's over 2 months out still, repair if needed is possible, and it could be back in place by then. Or maybe the family has something special in mind. Just more of the usual freak-out over every little thing nod

Yep, that's where I seen it. I still can't find anything that PP has said or where it was said that they've took it down

I wish someone would provide a link, I've searched and searched and I can't find anything.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 02/06/19 11:11am

luvsexy4all

someone threatened to test the ashes to see if they r real

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 02/06/19 11:24am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Is this all we are left with as far as news now?
Yall know some people worship those ashes

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 02/06/19 11:32am

0uterageous

If this is true...will they continue doing a moment of silence in the atrium?

Remember when he mentioned years ago in an interview about the film Lucy?

Well maybe he is everywhere (PP, music and any other surroundings we feel a connection/vibration towards)

Even with that realization, I still do wish to see him in the flesh and hear his voice in the present sad

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 02/06/19 11:50am

luvsexy4all

0uterageous said:

If this is true...will they continue doing a moment of silence in the atrium?

Remember when he mentioned years ago in an interview about the film Lucy?

Well maybe he is everywhere (PP, music and any other surroundings we feel a connection/vibration towards)

Even with that realization, I still do wish to see him in the flesh and hear his voice in the present sad

what interview was this??????

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 02/06/19 12:12pm

0uterageous

luvsexy4all said:

what interview was this??????

https://ew.com/article/2015/09/14/prince-interview-paisley-park-new-album-hitnrun/

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 02/06/19 3:02pm

42Kristen

Rumors are meant to be ignored.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 02/06/19 4:13pm

Mumio

avatar

PennyPurple said:

Yep, that's where I seen it. I still can't find anything that PP has said or where it was said that they've took it down

I wish someone would provide a link, I've searched and searched and I can't find anything.


No links seen, doesn't sound like there are any.

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 02/06/19 7:01pm

motherfunka

It is true. The urn has been removed from the atrium. It wasn't in reach of people, it was displayed above the kitchen doors on the wall. When it first opened as a museum, it was on a pedestal in the center of the atrium encased. It was moved not too long after that. I don't know what the plans are for them, but I do know they are still in Paisley Park.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 02/06/19 7:15pm

benni

avatar

I can't go to Paisley Park, not yet. I may never go back. I was there at the very first Celebration (2000), right after he took back his given name (Prince). I can still picture him walking through the crowd, hear him clearing his throat at a body guard that was talking to me and a friend, from the other side of the huge concert room and us looking over at him and he's tapping his foot, very mpatiently I might add, see him sitting on top of a small room in the L4OA room, watching every one dance. in the DJ booth, putting on songs. I don't know that I can go back to Paisley, knowing that he's not there physically, because I would keep picturing him every where that I saw him during that first Celebration, and I'm afraid I'd break down, that it would be too much. But then I think that his energy is still there, his presence is still there. That was where he lived, loved, worked, and everything he was (is) went into Paisley Park and his music. I remember the little meditation room on the 2nd floor and not wanting to leave that room (I'm not even sure if it is still there). I don't know. Maybe one day I can go again, go to the Celebration, but I think it's still too soon for me, any way. PurpleDorothy, you should go, if you get the chance, since you've already been. His energy, I'm sure, is still in the entire fiber of that building.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 02/06/19 10:57pm

thebiscuit

Personally, I’m happy it’s been removed. Prince’s whole vibe was about raising our vibration to beyond just the physical. Doesn’t make sense to be preoccupied with his ashes. And that plastic box was tacky anyway. Peace.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 02/06/19 11:19pm

June7

Moderator

avatar

moderator

benni said:

I can't go to Paisley Park, not yet. I may never go back. I was there at the very first Celebration (2000), right after he took back his given name (Prince). I can still picture him walking through the crowd, hear him clearing his throat at a body guard that was talking to me and a friend, from the other side of the huge concert room and us looking over at him and he's tapping his foot, very mpatiently I might add, see him sitting on top of a small room in the L4OA room, watching every one dance. in the DJ booth, putting on songs. I don't know that I can go back to Paisley, knowing that he's not there physically, because I would keep picturing him every where that I saw him during that first Celebration, and I'm afraid I'd break down, that it would be too much. But then I think that his energy is still there, his presence is still there. That was where he lived, loved, worked, and everything he was (is) went into Paisley Park and his music. I remember the little meditation room on the 2nd floor and not wanting to leave that room (I'm not even sure if it is still there). I don't know. Maybe one day I can go again, go to the Celebration, but I think it's still too soon for me, any way. PurpleDorothy, you should go, if you get the chance, since you've already been. His energy, I'm sure, is still in the entire fiber of that building.

Beautifully said. I feel ya.

[PRINCE 4EVER!]

[June7, "ModGod"]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 02/07/19 12:01am

Mumio

avatar

motherfunka said:

It is true. The urn has been removed from the atrium. It wasn't in reach of people, it was displayed above the kitchen doors on the wall. When it first opened as a museum, it was on a pedestal in the center of the atrium encased. It was moved not too long after that. I don't know what the plans are for them, but I do know they are still in Paisley Park.



Just to be sure: they are no longer where they were displayed but they are still physically at PP?

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 02/07/19 7:28am

just1lousydime

avatar

thebiscuit said:

Personally, I’m happy it’s been removed. Prince’s whole vibe was about raising our vibration to beyond just the physical. Doesn’t make sense to be preoccupied with his ashes. And that plastic box was tacky anyway. Peace.

That part.

time flies.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 02/07/19 9:25am

motherfunka

Mumio said:

motherfunka said:

It is true. The urn has been removed from the atrium. It wasn't in reach of people, it was displayed above the kitchen doors on the wall. When it first opened as a museum, it was on a pedestal in the center of the atrium encased. It was moved not too long after that. I don't know what the plans are for them, but I do know they are still in Paisley Park.



Just to be sure: they are no longer where they were displayed but they are still physically at PP?

Yes.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 02/07/19 9:50am

billymeade

avatar

This thread is creepy. Sounds like y'all are planning a heist.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 02/07/19 10:00am

Pellwormer

I think, it's good when the urn isn't there anymore.

If I ever would be there, I don't want to see the urn...better to keep memories in my head than to watch his urn and knowing, that contains him. horrible

[Edited 2/7/19 10:01am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 02/07/19 12:03pm

Mumio

avatar

billymeade said:

This thread is creepy. Sounds like y'all are planning a heist.



Hmmm. Sounds like an overactive imagination lol

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 02/08/19 8:16am

steakfinger

Who cares? Seriously. Ashes are meaningless.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Can anyone verify if this is true or not?