independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 17th Sep 2019 3:37pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > 13 Cars Prince Actually Owned (And 5 It's Weird That He Didn't)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 02/14/19 8:46am

Latin

13 Cars Prince Actually Owned (And 5 It's Weird That He Didn't)

Check out the article published by Hotcars entitled "13 Cars Prince Actually Owned (And 5 It's Weird That He Didn't)":

https://www.hotcars.com/c...-he-didnt/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 02/14/19 9:09am

Genesia

avatar

What a stupid article. The accompanying photographs aren't even of cars he actually owned. They're just a bunch of random shots from the web that match the year/model of the cars.

And the ones "it's weird he didn't own"? Based on nothing but the writer's own bullshit opinion. He went out and found a bunch of pictures of purple cars and said, "Prince should have owned this one." Who says?

So lame.

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 02/14/19 11:12am

nayroo2002

avatar

i actually found the writer to be quite correct with the facts.

He wrote it for car lovers who might be curious as to what Prince drove.

First paragraph, perfect!:

"Prince was one of the most popular ... entertainers around. When we lost him in 2016 at the young age of 57, it was devastating. He was one of the most charismatic, enigmatic, and eclectic performers of all time. He was a singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, producer, and filmmaker. The petite, five-foot three-inch firecracker had more oomph and allure than people three times his size. He was known for his wide vocal range, extravagant and flamboyant style, and his skill on the guitar, piano, drums, bass, and keyboards."

"Whatever skin Ur in
we all need 2 b friends"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 02/14/19 11:23am

RodeoSchro

avatar

Nice, thanks!

So many people forget that cars have personalities and attachments to their owners. I'm sure that many of those cars meant something to Prince, or to someone he loved or knew.

As far as pictures of the actual vehicles Prince owned, Google "Prince's 1985 Cadillac Limousine" or "Prince's 1964 Buick Wildcat" and see what comes up.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 02/14/19 1:01pm

PennyPurple

avatar

Image may contain: night



No photo description available.


Image may contain: people standing



Image may contain: night and outdoor

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 02/14/19 1:02pm

PennyPurple

avatar

No photo description available.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 02/14/19 1:08pm

poppys

nayroo2002 said:

i actually found the writer to be quite correct with the facts.

He wrote it for car lovers who might be curious as to what Prince drove.

First paragraph, perfect!:

"Prince was one of the most popular ... entertainers around. When we lost him in 2016 at the young age of 57, it was devastating. He was one of the most charismatic, enigmatic, and eclectic performers of all time. He was a singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, producer, and filmmaker. The petite, five-foot three-inch firecracker had more oomph and allure than people three times his size. He was known for his wide vocal range, extravagant and flamboyant style, and his skill on the guitar, piano, drums, bass, and keyboards."

What is new or perfect about constantly saying he was short, along with lots of overused adjectives? Nobody is 3 times his size. I'm with Genesia - lame.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 02/14/19 2:46pm

laytonian

Yes, lame.
He owned more than 13:

Paisley Park Enterprises owns:
1993 Ford Thunderbird (MN)
1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee (MN)
1997 Lincoln Town Car (MN)
2004 Cadillac Roadster XLR (MN)
2010 Mercedes Benz
2011 Lincoln MKT (MN)
1996 BMW Z3 Roadster (MN)
2006 Bentley (CA) <-----
1985 Cadillac Limo (MN)
1999 Plymouth Prowler (MN)

NPG Music Publishing owns:
1964 Buick Wildcat
1991 BMW 850
Buick Electra 225
1984 BMW 633CS
"Purple Rain" Motorcycle
"Graffiti Bridge" Motorcycle
1995 Provost Bus
Honda Motorcycle
Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 02/14/19 3:41pm

kingricefan

The white car next to the powder blue one- is it a 1969 Chevelle? That was my very first car!!! Mine was orange with a black vinyl top and interior. Loved that car!!

PennyPurple said:

Image may contain: night



No photo description available.


Image may contain: people standing



Image may contain: night and outdoor

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 02/14/19 7:21pm

Seahorsie

avatar

So glad that he liked bike riding like I do. It always takes me back to my childhood and puts a smile on my face. Do you notice that most of them appear to be women's bicycles? I am going to guess why. He was short in stature like me, and it is sometimes hard to get on a man's bike with that bar across the middle. OK that is my theory, I am sticking with it. Anyhow, thanks for posting , Penny. Where do you guys come up with a photo for every topic!?

PennyPurple said:

No photo description available.

Good morning children...take a look out your window, the world is falling...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 02/18/19 7:10am

Latin

RodeoSchro said:

Nice, thanks!

So many people forget that cars have personalities and attachments to their owners. I'm sure that many of those cars meant something to Prince, or to someone he loved or knew.

As far as pictures of the actual vehicles Prince owned, Google "Prince's 1985 Cadillac Limousine" or "Prince's 1964 Buick Wildcat" and see what comes up.


You are very welcome. smile
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > 13 Cars Prince Actually Owned (And 5 It's Weird That He Didn't)