independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Estate Discussion - Part 21 - continued
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 07/05/19 9:41pm

PennyPurple

avatar

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



One of the heirs filed a $10 mil lawsuit against Angela Aycock the Estate Officer for Comerica.

lol

What for?

A MASK ISN'T TOO MUCH TO ASK!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 07/06/19 6:47am

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

PennyPurple said:

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



One of the heirs filed a $10 mil lawsuit against Angela Aycock the Estate Officer for Comerica.

lol

What for?



I looked it up and it is Sharon that filed against Angela Aycock and Andrea Bruce.

Sharon may be trying to set up a conflict in order to get rid of Comerica.

It probably is from when Sharon said she was assaulted by both women.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 07/06/19 6:50am

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar



Sharon's attorney appears to be a real estate and contract attorney, and has only been out of law school for 4 years.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 07/07/19 8:54am

1Sasha

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



Sharon's attorney appears to be a real estate and contract attorney, and has only been out of law school for 4 years.

Maybe Prince knew what he was doing by not having a will or trust or similar final document. In this way, the family he had essentially no relationship with would not receive his fortune automatically. If they get anything, it will be after years of struggle. Sort of a "take that, you greedy so and sos."

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 07/07/19 10:21am

PennyPurple

avatar

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

PennyPurple said:

What for?



I looked it up and it is Sharon that filed against Angela Aycock and Andrea Bruce.

Sharon may be trying to set up a conflict in order to get rid of Comerica.

It probably is from when Sharon said she was assaulted by both women.

Thank you. How was Sharon allegedly assaulted by the women?

A MASK ISN'T TOO MUCH TO ASK!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 07/07/19 2:11pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

PennyPurple said:

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



I looked it up and it is Sharon that filed against Angela Aycock and Andrea Bruce.

Sharon may be trying to set up a conflict in order to get rid of Comerica.

It probably is from when Sharon said she was assaulted by both women.

Thank you. How was Sharon allegedly assaulted by the women?



During an Estate meeting.

But I dont know if that is what the case is about because it doesnt show it was filed as a personal injury case.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 07/07/19 2:11pm

PennyPurple

avatar

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

PennyPurple said:

Thank you. How was Sharon allegedly assaulted by the women?



During an Estate meeting.

But I dont know if that is what the case is about because it doesnt show it was filed as a personal injury case.

eek

A MASK ISN'T TOO MUCH TO ASK!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 07/11/19 3:26pm

Astasheiks

avatar

3 years and 3 months and this is still going on,,, Wow

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 07/11/19 4:07pm

Mumio

avatar

Astasheiks said:

3 years and 3 months and this is still going on,,, Wow



I don't think that is out of the ordinary when you are talking about estates like this.

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 07/11/19 9:07pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

Astasheiks said:

3 years and 3 months and this is still going on,,, Wow



You have been saying this for 3 years and 3 months now.


pimp2

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 07/16/19 9:12am

Arjuna

Nobody knows the truth but those, who are actually involved and/or truthfully, knew him, behind the scenes silently out of public sight (some peeps need no fame or fortune). He and I were good honest peeps given a simple kind journey this lifetime.

There will never be the final answers to the estate's resolve; due to the fact that... money, is involved, period. Money never ends until the man made system ends.

He said it best, "Love or Money".
He loved and the money he never had to think twice about it, as he once said to me directly in my ear (fact) "I don't worry about money".

He didn't live from money in any definition... he lived from the "source" of LOVE!

Don't think twice on what I said, "ya read it and got it"

I miss him, dearly.

God Bless.
.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 07/16/19 3:40pm

ThatWhiteDude

avatar

PennyPurple said:

purplemist7777 said:

PennyPurple said: I believe it’s Tyka, Omarr and Alfred. Their advisor was shopping around a deal. Sad

I gave to much credit to the younger ones, thinking they would be the ones to protect the legacy. sad

They never gave the impression that they care about Prince or his legacy. Especially Tyka. I can't stand her, she always comes off as this jealous sister who never made it as big as her brother. I mean they literally said it this year before or at the celebration that they put the urn in another room so fans don't cry at paisley park. They are over him, but the fans aren't. They only care about the quick bucks they can make now and after they done, they'll drop Prince like a hot potato. Maybe I'm reaching but this is the worst estate I've ever seen. mad

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."


"Extra cheese, extra HAM, extra bullshit" -DiminutiveRocker
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 07/17/19 9:05pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

Arjuna said:

Nobody knows the truth but those, who are actually involved and/or truthfully, knew him, behind the scenes silently out of public sight (some peeps need no fame or fortune). He and I were good honest peeps given a simple kind journey this lifetime. There will never be the final answers to the estate's resolve; due to the fact that... money, is involved, period. Money never ends until the man made system ends. He said it best, "Love or Money". He loved and the money he never had to think twice about it, as he once said to me directly in my ear (fact) "I don't worry about money". He didn't live from money in any definition... he lived from the "source" of LOVE! Don't think twice on what I said, "ya read it and got it" I miss him, dearly. God Bless.



While I appreciate your thoughts.... I dont think P "worried" about money but he did "care" about money.

He said as much in the interview where he said he toured because of the payroll he was responsible for and the amount it cost to run PP.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 07/19/19 7:57am

VaultCurator

avatar

I won't lie. This has ruined my day...

https://www.tmz.com/2019/...cord-label

Edited to create hyperlink

[Edited 7/19/19 7:58am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 07/19/19 8:23am

udo

avatar

VaultCurator said:

I won't lie. This has ruined my day...

.

Why?

Did the CD's stop coming?

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 07/19/19 8:39am

VaultCurator

avatar

udo said:

VaultCurator said:

I won't lie. This has ruined my day...

.

Why?

Did the CD's stop coming?

Are they still operational then? Apparently their website has been taken down.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 07/19/19 8:44am

PURPLEIZED3121

fuckin hell....7m?!!! - well that won't be able to pay that so according to US law does anyone know what that means?

Eye records [love or hate them] are one of many - the content out there is already spread far & wide across so many media streams....it's just too damn late! The only way to win is to release the stuff we don't have & package it well as per the Originals album!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 07/19/19 9:18am

love2thenines2
003

My understanding of this jugement/sue....maybe i can be wrong ??? >>> NoONe (lovesigne or the persons behind EyeR) are US Residents or US citizens from what i heard....this is a civil statement from what i can understand.....no conventions between the countries whose these guys are come from work at this stage with USA...so....from what i can understand....not a dollar or a step in direction of a jail will be print in this reality at this stage....my 2 cents & more than that !

[Edited 7/19/19 9:19am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 07/19/19 9:19am

udo

avatar

VaultCurator said:

udo said:

.

Why?

Did the CD's stop coming?

Are they still operational then? Apparently their website has been taken down.

.

I did not say I was using a website.

And no, I am not in contact with them.

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 07/19/19 9:28am

love2thenines2
003

Just remember

Article that was posted last year in the Star Tribune:
Despite the voluminous amount of evidence outlined in the suit, a Minneapolis copyright attorney not connected with the case sees great obstacles to the plaintiffs ever recovering a single euro from any of the defendants. Should Paisley Park and Prince’s estate win in U.S. court, they would then have to petition courts in Europe to find the defendants and go after bank accounts and other assets, said Mike Sherrill, who has been an attorney for more than three decades in areas of copyright. “By the time you’re done, you’re going everywhere,” he said. Given all these challenges, “things usually fall apart,” and the plaintiffs fail to collect. If chances of collecting are slim, the plaintiffs are most likely trying to send a warning to others who might have designs on Prince’s music. “They are saying, ‘We are willing to do this so all of you John Does out there’ ” understand the legal consequences, Sherrill said. “I’ve got to believe there are more than these [defendants] doing this.”
SO ???
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 07/19/19 9:38am

VaultCurator

avatar

love2thenines2003 said:

Just remember

Article that was posted last year in the Star Tribune:
Despite the voluminous amount of evidence outlined in the suit, a Minneapolis copyright attorney not connected with the case sees great obstacles to the plaintiffs ever recovering a single euro from any of the defendants. Should Paisley Park and Prince’s estate win in U.S. court, they would then have to petition courts in Europe to find the defendants and go after bank accounts and other assets, said Mike Sherrill, who has been an attorney for more than three decades in areas of copyright. “By the time you’re done, you’re going everywhere,” he said. Given all these challenges, “things usually fall apart,” and the plaintiffs fail to collect. If chances of collecting are slim, the plaintiffs are most likely trying to send a warning to others who might have designs on Prince’s music. “They are saying, ‘We are willing to do this so all of you John Does out there’ ” understand the legal consequences, Sherrill said. “I’ve got to believe there are more than these [defendants] doing this.”
SO ???

.

Thanks for this info Love2. That's actually perked me up a bit. Cheers beer

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 07/19/19 11:03am

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

love2thenines2003 said:

Just remember

Article that was posted last year in the Star Tribune:
Despite the voluminous amount of evidence outlined in the suit, a Minneapolis copyright attorney not connected with the case sees great obstacles to the plaintiffs ever recovering a single euro from any of the defendants. Should Paisley Park and Prince’s estate win in U.S. court, they would then have to petition courts in Europe to find the defendants and go after bank accounts and other assets, said Mike Sherrill, who has been an attorney for more than three decades in areas of copyright. “By the time you’re done, you’re going everywhere,” he said. Given all these challenges, “things usually fall apart,” and the plaintiffs fail to collect. If chances of collecting are slim, the plaintiffs are most likely trying to send a warning to others who might have designs on Prince’s music. “They are saying, ‘We are willing to do this so all of you John Does out there’ ” understand the legal consequences, Sherrill said. “I’ve got to believe there are more than these [defendants] doing this.”
SO ???

This is correct.

The Estate will never see the $7 mil.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 07/19/19 11:27am

Rev

avatar

I wonder how much in lawyers fees were wasted chasing a judgment the knew would be hard to enforce? sad

STREAMING SERVICE PLEASE

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 07/19/19 1:20pm

jfenster

even if they cant collect..will it make them cease and desist??

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 07/19/19 5:51pm

skuman777

In response to the 7 million dollar “win” against eye records. The estates and heirs claim they will be bankrupt by the end of the year due to legal fees , banks etc.

The estate could release they same titles Eye records did in the quality that those recordings should be in and I would buy every one of them. Actually that would be better for the legacy than rereleasing albums on purple vinyl.

And let’s be real here. No one sells millions of records anymore. It’s just a fact of life now. Originals has only sold what? Under 200,000 copies? Is that because of bootlegs?

No.... it’s because the now unimaginative record industry cannot figure out how to get people to buy a product that can be downloaded for free. Are there incentives? Like

Discounts on other merchandise with proof of purchase
Discounts of tickets with proof of purchase? ( prince gone now but could apply to other artists)
How about discounts on the over priced celebration tickets with proof of purchase?
Exclusives , bonus track, bonus vids??

So many things could be done , but instead they will throw more money At legal fees in a attempt to “win” money back and cry about attorneys and banks running what prince built into the ground.

Prince was creative which is why he was successful. The estate and the powers that be are not creative and Therefore will not be successful.

I don’t hate the releases that have come out so far but they could have been so much more.

If the legacy is lost it’s because of lack of creativity and focus on the Estates part. Not because of some sub par recording on a bootleg.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 07/19/19 11:59pm

love2thenines2
003

jfenster said:

even if they cant collect..will it make them cease and desist??

Do u think that an umbrella is stopping rain falling ?

lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 07/20/19 2:31am

VaultCurator

avatar

The should respond by releasing "Blast From The Past $7million"

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 07/20/19 5:56am

udo

avatar

With some better stuff than Originals.

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 07/20/19 12:28pm

jfenster

is the purple underground the same as EYE ??

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 07/20/19 12:38pm

jfenster

VaultCurator said:

The should respond by releasing "Blast From The Past $7million"

why not just chaged their name to a symbol?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Estate Discussion - Part 21 - continued