independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 15th Sep 2019 10:18am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Eddie Murphy Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee Talks Prince
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 07/26/19 10:18pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

Eddie Murphy Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee Talks Prince

I was watching Jerry Seinfeld's Comedian in Cars Getting Coffee with Eddie Murphy, and he talks a bit about Prince and confidence.


At 25:20 approximately.



I would post the link but you would need a Netflix account to see it.

Eddie says he thought Prince was the most confident person ever.

Eddie says it blew his mind that Prince told him he wasn't confident all the time.

"You have on high heeled shoes and you have the ass cut out your pants, and you aint confident? You mean you were nervous when you had your ass out of your pants with those high heeled pumps on?"


 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/26/19 11:20pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

Prince is also mentioned in another episode where they talk about how he didn't show up to get his award for Happy Feet and Will Ferrell considered going up in his place and pretending to be Prince.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 07/27/19 12:01pm

PeteSilas

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

I was watching Jerry Seinfeld's Comedian in Cars Getting Coffee with Eddie Murphy, and he talks a bit about Prince and confidence.


At 25:20 approximately.



I would post the link but you would need a Netflix account to see it.

Eddie says he thought Prince was the most confident person ever.

Eddie says it blew his mind that Prince told him he wasn't confident all the time.

"You have on high heeled shoes and you have the ass cut out your pants, and you aint confident? You mean you were nervous when you had your ass out of your pants with those high heeled pumps on?"


i watched that, the funnier story was what he said about sammy davis jr. being a devil worshipper, that shit was the best part.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 07/27/19 12:32pm

leadline

avatar

I dont know, Prince was the most confident performer out there. It was his public speaking (at least in the earlier days) that got him nervous.

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 07/27/19 1:23pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

To have Eddie in such a long interview itself is a great thing. I loved just hearing the two of them talk. The Cosby talk was revealing, too. It's, by far, the longest one-piece episode of the series. The only other long ones (usually in 2 parts) I can think of off hand are Ricky Gervais and Jimmy Fallon.

The Prince stuff is a plus, of course. I zipped thru the rest of the episodes from this season last night.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 07/27/19 1:33pm

PeteSilas

TrivialPursuit said:

To have Eddie in such a long interview itself is a great thing. I loved just hearing the two of them talk. The Cosby talk was revealing, too. It's, by far, the longest one-piece episode of the series. The only other long ones (usually in 2 parts) I can think of off hand are Ricky Gervais and Jimmy Fallon.

The Prince stuff is a plus, of course. I zipped thru the rest of the episodes from this season last night.

he never spoke in that much detail on cosby, he was right of course, both richard and cosby were likely very threatened by Eddie. I couldn't help wondering whether cosby's, weinsteins, and the current climate of everyone's skeletons being outed may have something to do with his desire to come and do comedy. He's kept a low profile since the late 80's, i always thought it was two things, first the skewering of his comedy language., which he got tired of hearing (he confirmed this) and two, the ts incident, with how society's changed in that time, he may not realize that many of his fans don't care that he likes chicks with dicks, they just want his humor back. he'll be totally different of course, he's a different man.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 07/27/19 1:38pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

Prince is also mentioned in another episode where they talk about how he didn't show up to get his award for Happy Feet and Will Ferrell considered going up in his place and pretending to be Prince.


That's the one with Seth Rogan.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 07/27/19 4:02pm

laytonian

EmmaMcG said:

Prince is also mentioned in another episode where they talk about how he didn't show up to get his award for Happy Feet and Will Ferrell considered going up in his place and pretending to be Prince.

He showed up -- late, due to heavy traffic.

Asshat Timberlake made fun of him at the podium but he was later introduced in the audience and acknowledged.

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 07/27/19 5:32pm

SquirrelMeat

avatar

I want to enjoy this series, but it suffers from the worst U.S. trait in television; constant unessessary background music.

.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 07/27/19 9:21pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

PeteSilas said:

i watched that, the funnier story was what he said about sammy davis jr. being a devil worshipper, that shit was the best part.


Eddie was spot on with Sammy's voice tho.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 07/27/19 9:41pm

PeteSilas

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

PeteSilas said:

i watched that, the funnier story was what he said about sammy davis jr. being a devil worshipper, that shit was the best part.


Eddie was spot on with Sammy's voice tho.

always is, billy crystal did the best sammy ever, i think uhh..., what's his name, the guy from living color, he did a great sammy too, tommy davidson. I was such a sammy fan when i was young that i wouldn't hear of the devil shit, but after hearing it from so many sources, it has to be true.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 07/28/19 3:07am

BartVanHemelen

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

EmmaMcG said:

Prince is also mentioned in another episode where they talk about how he didn't show up to get his award for Happy Feet and Will Ferrell considered going up in his place and pretending to be Prince.


That's the one with Seth Rogan.

.

Seth "Rogan"... from the man who previously brough you "Mulan Rouge" and "Miko Weaver left the Prince camp before the Nude Tour".

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 07/28/19 5:56am

PeggyO

PeteSilas said:

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:


Eddie was spot on with Sammy's voice tho.

always is, billy crystal did the best sammy ever, i think uhh..., what's his name, the guy from living color, he did a great sammy too, tommy davidson. I was such a sammy fan when i was young that i wouldn't hear of the devil shit, but after hearing it from so many sources, it has to be true.

SNL with Sammy (Billy Crystal) visiting Reagan at the White House...hysterical.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 07/28/19 3:51pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

BartVanHemelen said:

TrivialPursuit said:


That's the one with Seth Rogan.

.

Seth "Rogan"... from the man who previously brough you "Mulan Rouge" and "Miko Weaver left the Prince camp before the Nude Tour".


Listen Bert, if you wanna dig back 20 years for something to try and pin on someone, that's your burden. The only person who hasn't changed (read: stagnated in their own ego) in the past two decades is you. You're just so pathetic that way. Rogan, Rogen. Clearly, you're more triggered by it than anyone else here. Enjoy your misery.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 07/28/19 5:07pm

PeteSilas

PeggyO said:

PeteSilas said:

always is, billy crystal did the best sammy ever, i think uhh..., what's his name, the guy from living color, he did a great sammy too, tommy davidson. I was such a sammy fan when i was young that i wouldn't hear of the devil shit, but after hearing it from so many sources, it has to be true.

SNL with Sammy (Billy Crystal) visiting Reagan at the White House...hysterical.

billy is one of my all time faves, not quite as much as eddie but up there.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 07/28/19 6:13pm

onlyforaminute

Housequake put both Eddie's and Seth's clips on Twitter.
Year of Return 2019
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 07/28/19 9:49pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

Housequake put both Eddie's and Seth's clips on Twitter.



I saw that too!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 07/29/19 1:55am

JorisE73

BartVanHemelen said:

TrivialPursuit said:


That's the one with Seth Rogan.

.

Seth "Rogan"... from the man who previously brough you "Mulan Rouge" and "Miko Weaver left the Prince camp before the Nude Tour".


lol Don't forget 'throwing a tandrum'.
And this guy even has the nerve to play the 'grammar nazi' to people whose first language isn't even English.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Eddie Murphy Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee Talks Prince