independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 21st Sep 2019 8:42pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Looks like I had P&AM '83 all along - in the back of my vinyl boot collection
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 08/23/19 6:01am

Krid

Looks like I had P&AM '83 all along - in the back of my vinyl boot collection

Out of nostalgia, I looked through my vinyl record collection the other day, and there somewhere in the back corner jointly with other Prince boots I found something I had no recollection of anymore what it was...

5RwWyv8

IMG-3925.jpg

It turns out - as I realise now - that the music on it is Prince's Piano & A Microhone '83.

It is terribly sounding, and with pitch differences. When I bought it, I must have listened to it only once or twice, it was that bad soundwise, and I totally forgot about this boot.

But I listened to it again a couple of days ago, curious what it was (red see-through vinyl, a purple image of prince on the label, black sleeve, no titles nothing). And I discovered that at the end of disc there was version of Aphabet Street (sounds like an early demo).

Anybody else has this? I can't recall when or where I bought this...

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 08/23/19 6:36am

andrewm7

I remember this one, and yes it does sound awful lol I think it did come with a photocopied tracklist. I think the title was intimate moments with Prince (not to be confused with a much better sounding fan released CD years later). I think the word tonebone was etched into the runout grooves
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 08/23/19 11:38am

KoolEaze

avatar

I bought it as a printed bootleg CD called "Eavesdropped in Intimate Moments" and later on I bought it again when it was released in better quality.....but I´ve also bought P&AM 83, of course.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 08/23/19 12:08pm

roxy831

avatar

KoolEaze said:

I bought it as a printed bootleg CD called "Eavesdropped in Intimate Moments" and later on I bought it again when it was released in better quality.....but I´ve also bought P&AM 83, of course.

I still have my CD. It's all scratched up...lol. Played that thing into the ground while playing Nintendo lol

Welcome home class. We've come a long way. - RIP Prince
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 08/23/19 12:20pm

RODSERLING

roxy831 said:



KoolEaze said:


I bought it as a printed bootleg CD called "Eavesdropped in Intimate Moments" and later on I bought it again when it was released in better quality.....but I´ve also bought P&AM 83, of course.




I still have my CD. It's all scratched up...lol. Played that thing into the ground while playing Nintendo lol



Lol so cool
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 08/23/19 2:25pm

PurpleMusic768
9

avatar

Ah the old "Alphabet St." accoustic demo... A.K.A "Alphabet Blues". No clue which would be the more correct title because I don't know what the cassette has written on it.
[Edited 8/23/19 14:25pm]
usually known as "Leaped7689"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 08/25/19 2:34pm

PeteSilas

how in the world did people get ahold of these? especially when prince was off the map for most of his career, there wasn't a great demand for his releases and still the boots got out, were they given away?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 08/25/19 5:49pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

I had it on cassesset from 88. But it had more on it.

If "Assault" rifles are banned... COPS first! If they want to TRY to take them from the PEOPLE they should set the example!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 08/25/19 5:54pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

PeteSilas said:

how in the world did people get ahold of these? especially when prince was off the map for most of his career, there wasn't a great demand for his releases and still the boots got out, were they given away?

he makes a tape maybe a copy or two...leaves them laying around. Someone swipes it and shares.

If "Assault" rifles are banned... COPS first! If they want to TRY to take them from the PEOPLE they should set the example!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 08/25/19 6:11pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

most of us who had the goods did.

Like we had Wednesday

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 08/25/19 6:17pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

most of us who had the goods did.

Like we had Wednesday

like a full production studio? (Jill leaked her's a while back)

If "Assault" rifles are banned... COPS first! If they want to TRY to take them from the PEOPLE they should set the example!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 08/26/19 7:00am

andrewm7

i know it is a little off topic, but I really consider Jill’s version to be the finished version biggrin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 08/28/19 8:22am

Krid

andrewm7 said:

I remember this one, and yes it does sound awful lol I think it did come with a photocopied tracklist. I think the title was intimate moments with Prince (not to be confused with a much better sounding fan released CD years later). I think the word tonebone was etched into the runout grooves

will check if mine has this... biggrin And yes, it is un-listenable soundwise biggrin biggrin I probably wasn't happy when I bought this, on a student budget back in the day...

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 08/28/19 8:43am

RodeoSchro

avatar

I've got it on vinyl, called "Intimate Moments" on my pressing. I've had it since the late 80's bought it at a wrecka show back when you had to ask for the stuff that was under the table.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Looks like I had P&AM '83 all along - in the back of my vinyl boot collection