independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 20th Feb 2020 2:48am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Coming up from Sony/Legacy March 27th - One Nite Alone... Piano Solo
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 02/04/20 11:30pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Coming up from Sony/Legacy March 27th - One Nite Alone... Piano Solo

- One Nite Alone... piano solo, CD reissue + 1LP release

83712078_3252248884791770_6413065718358605824_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ohc=c4DpQ8K7-icAX9QpWvw&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz1-1.fna&_nc_tp=6&oh=1f2213ef785e083fdc84d1537c1ff3bd&oe=5EB9DF31

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 02/05/20 12:52am

VaultCurator

avatar

luv4u said:


- One Nite Alone... piano solo, CD reissue + 1LP release



83712078_3252248884791770_6413065718358605824_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ohc=c4DpQ8K7-icAX9QpWvw&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz1-1.fna&_nc_tp=6&oh=1f2213ef785e083fdc84d1537c1ff3bd&oe=5EB9DF31



If this is confirmed then this is fantastic news. I'm looking forward to adding an official CD to my collection. My first from Sony Legacy. I may consider the vinyl as well.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 02/05/20 2:31am

jaawwnn

avatar

Yeah, same.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 02/05/20 3:31am

dualboot

avatar

Nice one. Glad that it will be available in a broader sense and gets the light it deserves.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 02/05/20 8:28am

Genesia

avatar

So glad I paid over a hundred bucks for the CD. rolleyes (Okay, I've had it for at least 10 years - I'm not really complaining.)

This is one I'd definitely like to have on vinyl.

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 02/05/20 1:27pm

ChickenMcNugge
ts

avatar

This is one of the least listened-to Prince eras for me, but even *I'm* getting excited at the thought of seeing this one with the big LP-size artwork. Feck it, maybe I should get a copy despite not having even been looking out for this one. Sorry, bank manager. lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 02/05/20 2:40pm

KoolEaze

avatar

I have two original CDs already but I think it´s a great idea to re-release this so that those who don´t own it don´t have to pay such absurd sums on Ebay.

Then again, those who paid a lot for their copy or who were thinking of selling their original CD for a huge profit probably won´t like this news. wink

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 02/05/20 8:52pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Genesia said:

So glad I paid over a hundred bucks for the CD. rolleyes (Okay, I've had it for at least 10 years - I'm not really complaining.)

This is one I'd definitely like to have on vinyl.


yeahthat



Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 02/06/20 4:31am

RODSERLING

Yes, at last !
I will buy it and listen to it for the first time
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 02/08/20 9:16pm

MIRvmn

avatar

This album is so much better than The Truth smile
We are living in Orwell's 1984
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 02/09/20 4:12am

Harps

KoolEaze said:

I have two original CDs already but I think it´s a great idea to re-release this so that those who don´t own it don´t have to pay such absurd sums on Ebay.

Then again, those who paid a lot for their copy or who were thinking of selling their original CD for a huge profit probably won´t like this news. wink


There's suddenly a glut of ONA cds and The Rainbow Children vinyl appearing for sale on eBay for high prices. Obviously hoping hadn't seen the news lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 02/09/20 6:05am

leecaldon

This will make a great gift.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 02/09/20 6:51am

djThunderfunk

avatar

MIRvmn said:

This album is so much better than The Truth smile


eek

Well, we all have opinions. Mine is that The Truth is among his best albums and One Nite Alone is my absolute least favorite Prince album ever.

After years (decades) of my favorite part of his live shows being the piano medleys, the piano studio album was a major letdown for me.

The Piano & Microphone tour made up for it though. That's the kind of stuff I was expecting when ONA was announced. Even the Piano & Microphone 83 album is better than this one.

In my not-so-humble opinion, of course... wink

"No one can keep track of how many times you've quit, with all the histrionics and ball clutching." - Angry Troll

"No one can count to 2? Wow!" - Me
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 02/09/20 7:11am

andrewm7

it is great to see this find a wider audience 😊
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 02/09/20 10:31am

KoolEaze

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

MIRvmn said:

This album is so much better than The Truth smile


eek

Well, we all have opinions. Mine is that The Truth is among his best albums and One Nite Alone is my absolute least favorite Prince album ever.

After years (decades) of my favorite part of his live shows being the piano medleys, the piano studio album was a major letdown for me.

The Piano & Microphone tour made up for it though. That's the kind of stuff I was expecting when ONA was announced. Even the Piano & Microphone 83 album is better than this one.

In my not-so-humble opinion, of course... wink

I agree.

I mean, I like the ONA piano album but it just didn´t live up to my expectations and the songs on it are , in my opinion, not very memorable, and I much prefer the Piano and a Microphone ´83 album. I already had several pressed bootleg CDs of it but it was still nice to have it as a legit release in slightly better quality. I also prefer that short but sweet Sunset Studio piano rehearsal over ONA piano.

It is not really a bad album per se but the songs are just not that memorable and a bit meandering, IMO.

But it is NOT my least favorite Prince album....that would be HitNRun Phase 1. ONA piano is just not as good as it could´ve been.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 02/10/20 10:25am

AZStreet

avatar

March 27th is also attached for TRC. Any confirmations on that end?

"You know, this is funky but I wish he'd play like he used to, old scragglyhead son of a...*smack* OOH!"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 02/10/20 12:21pm

RODSERLING

Was there a booklet in the original release?
Credits information?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 02/19/20 4:35am

rlittler81

avatar

RODSERLING said:

Was there a booklet in the original release? Credits information?

https://www.discogs.com/Prince-One-Nite-Alone/release/1731803

3121... Don't U Wanna Come?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Coming up from Sony/Legacy March 27th - One Nite Alone... Piano Solo